For Cemeteries and Individuals
For those wanting to digitize their records, or wishing to add to our information database, please follow the below procedures in order to add your data to our online resource database.
1) Cemetery Registration Form – Must be submitted to CoCem Staff to assign case number
2) Permission Form for Cemetery – An example is Sample Permission Letter. It is required that you must have contact information for the individual/organization who owns the land/original records. An exemption can be made under special circumstances, you must contact us and explain said circumstances. Permissions must be received in order to allow us to provide you with proper support, funding and online record storage.
3) Approval by CoCem Staff – If the project meets our basic guidelines for acceptance, which most do, we will begin to work on formal paperwork and sign our contractual obligation forms to begin work as soon as they are signed.
4) Project Period – After the initial contractual paperwork has been signed and the project planned out according to the specifications of the cemetery, work will commence, with the final product being delivered prior to or by the final project completion date set out in our contracts.
5) Addition of Collected Data to Database – Our final survey and documentation project will be uploaded to our online register, in which information can be privatized for specific cemetery donor desires. This additional information will help to produce future site research as well as to provide the foundations for a statewide whole and accurate site and burial record database.